R & D / Quality Assurance
Brake pads and brake shoes are parts that convert the kinetic energy of a car into frictional heat to decelerate or stop the car. Even a light passenger car has a mass of nearly 1 ton, so the amount of heat generated is enormous.
MK Kashiyama’s friction material is a product that has achieved stable effectiveness, long-lasting, squeal / vibration suppression, high strength, corrosion resistance, etc. while withstanding enormous heat.
Friction material setting according to vehicle type, use, and market conditions
The requirements for each item vary depending on the vehicle type and use, such as passenger cars, light passenger cars, RVs, commercial vehicles (trucks, taxis), and various motor sports (rally, gymkhana, street).
In addition, market demands, climates, and road conditions in each region of the world, such as Japan, Europe, Russia, North America, and Asia, are different, so it is necessary to develop optimal friction materials that meet these requirements.
Including those for motor sports, we usually produce more than 40 types of friction materials.
Vehicle-specific performance requirements
- Emphasis is placed on the effectiveness, product life and price by making the squeal as close to “zero” as possible.
- The brake design is simple and the load is relatively heavy. Emphasis on effectiveness and squeal.
- Emphasis is placed on effectiveness and durability while considering squeal.
- Has excellent effectiveness and wear resistance.
- Has excellent wear resistance and emphasizes squeal.
Friction material development equipment
Dynamo testing machine with environmental tank
Evaluate the braking performance of the vehicle under various driving conditions while changing the environment such as temperature and humidity.
It also tests for squeal and vibration.
SUPPORT & CONTA CT
Search or Inquiry of various product information