We have created a collection of trouble cases for drum brakes and disc brakes, so please have a look.
Car brakes are a very important safety component. Please be careful when handling the related parts and proceed with the work carefully.When replacing the brake shoes, please note the following two points.
- Make sure the brake shoes and drums are cold due to the risk of burns.
- Do not drop the brake shoes on the floor or give a strong impact.
- Make sure the pads and rotors are cold due to the risk of burns.
- Do not drop the pad on the floor or give a strong impact.
Q & A
1. Screeching sounds Braking at low speed or just before the car stops.
2. Groan sounds Startup automatic car or stop foot braking when starting downhill.
3. Rasping sounds Brake operation while running at 30-40km/h.
Grinding of the rotor surface or replacement of the rotor
Maintenance of the caliper
Applying noise-protection grease and use anti-noise shim
Add chamfering of friction material, or grinding down the side of inner and outer periphery
Cause of judder:
・Check for rust and scratches on the rotor surface
・Rotor contact, deformation, and uneven wear of the rotor
Grinding of the rotor surface or replacement of the rotor depending on its condition.
Do not panic. Park your car in a safe place, and wait until the brakes cool down. Starting the car again slowly.
What is Fade? : Excessive temperature increase generates the plastic decomposition gas from the friction material, and the gas membrane between the pads and rotor results in weakening the braking effect.
SUPPORT & CONTA CT
Search or Inquiry of various product information